Monday, November 3, 2008

Time for a new bed!

Kenadee climbed out of her crib for the first time last week. Most of you are probably surprised that she was still in a crib, but she was totally happy in her crib and so was I cause when I put her down at night the rest of the evening was mine and Dave's. We have now converted Kenadee's crib to a toddler bed and she loves having a big girl bed with princess blankets. It has been a big adjustment for all of us, more of a fun adjustment for Kenadee and not so fun for Dave and I. I have lost count of how many times I have had to walk her back to her bed. She ends up not going to bed until 11:00. I hope we get over this stage soon! Does anyone have advice cause I sure would love to hear it!

6 comments:

Rob & Tiffanie said...

My sister would put the baby gate on the door so she would stay in the room and still see everything without being afraid of the door being shut. It does go away eventually as long as you keep taking her back to her bed. My other sister got tired of her son coming in their room, so she gave in--he is 5 now and sleeps in their bed and she hates it. Hang in there!

Diane Owen said...

I put one of those door knob thingies on the inside of Beth's room so that she can't come out with out me opening the door. She adjusted to that really well and now she just knocks lightly on the door when she wakes up in the morning.

CKB said...

Just be consistant about putting her back in bed immediatly after she gets out. Even if you have to do it 20 times a night for 2 weeks, eventually she will understand that she has to stay in bed. Another thing we have done with Stella, is we will tell her that if she stays in bed, then we will do something fun the next day. That helps sometimes to reward her for staying in bed. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I would take Supermanny's advice and the first time she comes out, you say "It's bedtime, honey." The second time, you say, "Bedtime" and every other time after that, just keep putting her back without saying ANYTHING at all. It might take a while (sounds like you've already been doing that though) but she will get it. You can't really lock her in (I know it sounds tempting) because it's just not safe so good luck!

The Wilsons said...

I don't know about the bed thing, Anna is still in her crib, but it won't be long, Piper will soon need the crib. Congrats on #2! I'm really excited for you!
Adele

Kristin said...

Wish I had advice for you on this one but Hayley still sleeps in bed with me most the time! Haha