Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lazy blogger

Sorry for being such a lazy blogger. Life has been busy and Dave works from home on the computer so I don't really have access to it during the day and at night I just want to hang out with my husband. I promise I will be better.

One exciting thing that has happend for us is we got our basement finished and it is so nice. Now all of Kenadee's toys are down stairs in her new play room. It is nice to have a little extra space.

I had the opportunity to go to Woman's Conference at BYU, I had a great time. My mom and I volunteered to work as hostess there so on Thursday we got to go to the conference for free and on Friday we worked. We had a great time, heard absolutly wonderful talks and got to see some old friends which was really exciting.

Mothers Day was wonderful. I love my little family so much. I got breakfast in bed, Dave changed all of Kenadee's diapers, Dave made dinner and we just had a really enjyable day together. I have been telling Dave for a long time that I want a treadmill or elliptical, so Saturday Dave told me my mothers day present was a treadmill or elliptical which ever I wanted and I was so excited. Now I am just trying to decide which one I want. Does anyone have a preference? Does anyone know which one gives a better workout?

I love my family so much! Mother's Day could not havebeen better!

3 comments:

Paul/Heather said...

I think I would pick a treadmil...not sure why though.
I like the workout on the other, it seems less painful, but I think walking has always proved to be a better exercise...I think!?!?
~love ya
Heather

Unknown said...

I LOVE my treadmill - especially up here in Utah when the sun doesn't shine 24/7. Jacob swore I would never use it and it would end up being a clothes rack but I proved him wrong and I use it ALL the time! I got it about 3 or 4 years ago and I have used it so much. But- you have to get good running shoes! It makes a WORLD of a differance on your shins and your joints. You have to get them a specialty running store and they usually run you about $80-$90 dollars but if you are making the investment in a treadmill and you are serious about using it, make the investment for the shoes! I have knee, back and shin problems and finally my chiropractor told me to get some good shoes and I would NEVER go back. I have some pre-walking/jogging streatches too if you need 'em. I have to admit that I have never tried an eliptacal, so I can't compare. What a fun mother's day!

Classicphotos said...

Hey a voice from the past!! I have had both. My treadmil got my heartrate up more effeciently then my eliptacal does. I think the difference is that when you set your treadmill at a speed or an incline work out you are committed to that until you change it, the eliptacal is pushed by you so therefore if you happen to get tired (and you will) you will slow down because you are the one pushing it. The treadmil on the other hand pushes you!!! I have to admit thought the elipical is easier on your joints and at 46 it has been a blessing. I hope I have helped. It was nice to see you at Women's Conference!! Cheryl Bennett